- Consulting Methodology
- Effective Governance
- Customer Quality of Experience
- Education and Training
- Capability Assessment Portal
- Capability & Framework Assessments
- People Capability: SFIA & SFIAplus
- Knowledge Centered Support
- Problem Management Workshops
Subscribe to the latest news and information from ProActive.
Capability & Framework Assessments
Planning for up-skilling of staff can be a complex and time consuming task. Many organisations do the right thing by training their staff, but have not received the benefits associated from the investment. The challenge facing many organisations is that whilst the processes may have been adopted, the users of the process (the IT staff) have not 'internalised' the processes, and are therefore unsure or ill equipped to execute their role in the Service Management lifecycle. ProActive's Capability Assessment services are designed to make the most out of your Service Management investment using your most valuable asset - your people
There are many considerations, including:
- Assessment of existing skills
- Customising individual training programs so that staff have the 'right amount' of information;
- Maintaining the appropriate level of skill for each functional role;
- Developing the "cultural blueprint" required so that staff adopt the appropriate behaviors, and;
- Providing for ongoing internal and external factors that will impact the execution of Service Delivery over time.
ProActive's Organisational Analysis establishes the numbers of staff within each service management role and function, and therefore set the scope of the training roadmap. As with the Process Assessment, the Organisational Analysis also has an option for Organisational Design, which will document the organisational structure and relevant roles and responsibilities.
ProActive's Capability Analysis baselines your current level of skill within your organisation or department so that a recommended plan of re-training and up-skilling (if required) can be created. The Capability Analysis documents the gap from an individual level as to what training is required for each staff member to perform their role. The analysis will cover hard skills (like ITIL training), soft skills (often included in a personal development plans), coaching and mentoring, and is tailored to each individual within the scope of the exercise. This is where SFIAplus fits in.
Training Roadmap and Plan
The ProActive Training Roadmap and Plan combines the data from the process, organisation and analysis activities and details the required training activities and suggested execution plan.
The Organisational Workshops help the IT staff 'internalise' their roles and responsibilities with the organisation.
ProActive provides the means to assess a number of Service Management frameworks, either as a guided assessment, or for organisations to self-assess, using the web based Governance Assessment Portal. (link to portal page) Frameworks on the portal currently include:
- Assess the maturity of ITIL® processes
- Assess the maturity of software asset management
- Provide a high level overview of P3M3/P30
- Measure compliance to ISO/IEC 20000
- Check the degree of alignment between IT and the business, based on CobiT, and
- Evaluate the internal and external customer perception of IT Services
For further information on ProActive’s Framework Assessments, to view a demonstration or to see a sample report, contact us!